Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Picture Book Marathon, Day 22 (again)

Today's idea is for a wordless picture book. I don't have it in my head all plotted out page by page, but in my head it's beautiful and soft, probably in watercolor by someone who can draw better than I can.

It follows the story of a little boy, from when he's 4 and 5 drawing with crayons on colored paper through when he's 9 or 10 drawing on printer paper with markers to middle school, doodling on notebook paper, and in high school, when he goes to art classes. This I think is the main part of the story, how he grows in these classes, graduates high school, goes through college, until he's an adult, a professional artist creating art all the time, giving some away, selling some, and then he grows older, (a wrinkled hand with a paintbrush,) and until he can no longer paint, but he sits in his house, surrounded by his creations. And he is content.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...