Monday, February 14, 2011

Picture Book Marathon, Day 14

Well, I didn't get a chance to write over the weekend again. I think I'm seeing a pattern here. I have three ideas, one for each weekend day and one for today, but I doubt I'll get around to all (if any) of them today.

I've noticed that when writing these, if I get an idea into my head, my brain refuses flat out to think of any new ideas until I've written the first one into something resembling a first draft. Luckily this wasn't the case this weekend, thanks to one of my best friends, who gave my the idea and title for one of the books and lent his name to the other.

My three ideas are:

1. A picture book for my mom- I sorta have a vague idea and a few phrases written down, but this is going to need a bit of shaping before I start to write. Since I'm trying to incorporate as many as my friends as I can into a book somehow, I wanted to write one for my parents as well. So this one will be for my mom, if I can get around to writing it. It'll sorta be a "how much do I love you" book. I remember reading a lot of those with her when I was little.

2. PigBen -  A spinoff of "Pigpen" from Peanuts. Ben is a little boy who has some problems with personal hygiene. He doesn't like taking showers, he doesn't like brushing his teeth, he doesn't like brushing his hair.  Finally he becomes so smelly that no one wants to be friends with him. Thanks to Ben for letting me use his name for this character. (P.S. The real Ben is actually a very clean person, and nothing like PigBen.)

3. Nigel the "different" Zombie - This is Ben's idea, but I'm taking it (with his permission), because he has no use for it. Nigel isn't like other zombies. He doesn't like eating brains. He thinks humans are nice. When the humans finally strike back at the zombies for all those years of brain-eating, Nigel manages to convince the humans that zombies aren't all that bad and the zombies not to eat the humans' brains. Somewhat a spin-off of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with a possible song option.

I'd better start writing. After I finish my homework.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...