Saturday, February 19, 2011

Picture Book Marathon, Day 18

I didn't get a chance to write out my book for today, but I do have an illustration for it. I think it could be a really great book if I do it right.

Picture Book #18: The Monster Under the Bed


It's going to be about all the different monsters in this boy's room (under the bed, in the closet, outside the window) and how they keep him safe at night. I think it could turn out really well if I can write it right.

I used to think the monster under my bed was a snake. I would have to jump into my bed from a couple feet away so that it couldn't get my toes. But now I keep my typewriter (the one in my icon picture) under my bed, and it wards off the monsters. But because of that, I wanted to write a book  about nice monsters. Actually, originally this was going to be about all the monster traps he keeps in his room so that the monsters couldn't get in. And it was going to rhyme. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do that, but if I don't like the way this one turns out, I might try both ways. Actually, that could count as another book....

Dustin: your book is coming next. It's going to be good. And then I'll write the second monster book.

P.S. Julie Olson, another Marathon participant, posted this book yesterday. I wish I could draw like this. I really do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...