Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 7th Edition

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.


***

The Disappearing Spoon (Note: I'm taking so long to read this book that I'm no longer going to put a quote from it. Just assume from now on that I'm not done with it.)

"'I know how he seems, that he doesn't care about anyone, but I know him. We've fought together.'"- Incarceron, by Catherine Fisher

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz -I'm reading it, but it's a bit R rated, so no quotes for Teaser Tuesday. I'm trying to keep my blog content appropriate for all readers.

 "Mr. Smith was reasonable too, except when he had to clean ketchup off the carpet. He lost his temper and shouted, 'Do that again, and I'll spank you, mumps or not!'" - Unexpected Magic, by Diana Wynne Jones

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...