Thursday, March 3, 2011

March Merriment - The Lineup

Getting ready for March Merriment (a little late for preparation, but better late than never). Here are the books I have on my shelf or in the mail:

The Maze Runner, by James Dashner
Supposed to be creepy but so good - I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Silver Phoenix, by Cindy Pon
WriterGirl has recommended this book several times, as well as including it in the YA fantasy showdown. Based on her previous recommendations, I'm guessing this is going to be great.

Eon, by Alison Goodman
Also included in the YA Fantasy showdown. Not really sure what it's about or whether I'll like it, but it's worth a try.

Flight (Volume Two), by Kazu Kibuishi
I liked volume one and it's a quick read. Perfect for MM.

Sapphique, by Catherine Fisher
Devoured Incarceron in a night and a day. I'm hoping Sapphique will be just as good.

The Tough Guide to Fantasyland: The Essential Guide to Fantasy Travel, by Diana Wynne Jones
A guide to all the chiches of fantasy writing. It sounds really funny, and since I'm going to be doing some fantasy writing myself on The Bookbird and the WordGirl, why not?

Book of Enchantments, by Patricia C. Wrede
No reason for getting this except I like Patricia C. Wrede. :)

Secondhand Charm, by Julie Berry
Julie Berry's other book, The Amaranth Enchantment, was short and sweet, and I'm betting I'm going to need a bunch of that in the coming month.

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven), by Brandon Mull
I've read this before, but don't remember all the details. This is the kind of series where I'm glad I don't remember much, because I get to rediscover it when I reread it, like now.

So that's it for now. More will be coming throughout March, or I might reread some old favorites instead. I don't really have a plan right now. But I will come up with one! Eventually.

I'm going to do a post of the stuff I've been reading for the last month later today or possibly tomorrow.
 Until then,





P.S. Please please vote on the poll for favorite PBM book! I ran into the unexpected problem that all the voters so far like different books. (Silly me, didn't see that one coming.) Thank you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...