Friday, March 25, 2011

Checking In

I wanted to check in since I haven't really posted this week, so here goes:

March Merriment is going well - 6 days left and 5 books to go, but by the time I go to sleep tonight it'll be 4 books to go, and by tomorrow afternoon it'll be 3 books to go. Right now I'm reading 100 Cupboards and One of Our Thursdays is Missing. I like how they balance each other out, because they're so different. They're both good, but neither is exceptional.

I'm making progress on the Giant Group Review (part 1), but it's taking a lot longer than I expected it to.  When I think I'm going to have to do 20 of these.... never mind, I'm not thinking about it. Still, it's a challenge and it's fun to go through all these books that I haven't read for years. I'm sure you've noticed at this point, I love challenging myself to do more and go further. The Giant Group Reviews are my challenge for when I finish March Merriment.

Speaking of finishing March Merriment, I have some things planned for April:

  • Giant Group Reviews (wow, big surprise)
  • Giveaway of extra books from March Merriment
  • PBM Revisions
  • More Book Reviews, gosh darn it!
Yes, book reviews. I haven't been posting nearly as many as I'd like to. I know I've been saying this for months, but I really do want to write more reviews. This whole blog started as a book review blog, and I want to keep reviews as a large part of the blog. I'm currently working on (procrastinating on) a review for Airman, by Eoin Colfer. I want to get that finished and posted this week. The thing is, with reviews, I feel like they have to be better in some way than regular old posts. They need to be more polished somehow. That's one of the reasons I like group reviews, because I can just write a few comments without the pressure of a full review. Anyway, I will do more reviews in the coming weeks. I am determined. And I will have time for said reviews because...

Spring Break! Yay! More time for sleeping, more time for reading, more time for blogging. I think everyone needs a break right about now. I certainly do. So go ahead, have a break Give yourself a couple minutes. Have some tea. Put your feet up. Perhaps bake some cookies.
Cookies actually sound really good right now. I think I'm going to go bake some cookies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...