Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekly Review (26 September - 2 October)

In Weekly Reviews, I summarize the posts I've published over the week, as well as the books I'm currently reading, books I've finished over the week, some upcoming reviews, and any comments I'd like to include about the past week. The weekly review feature was inspired by Small Review and Butterfly Feet Walking on Life.

In case you've missed anything, here's what I posted from Monday, September 26th through Sunday, October 2nd.

Reviews




Heir Apparent, by Vivian Vande Velde
Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones



Memes



Teaser Tuesday, 32nd Edition
In My Mailbox, 13th Edition


Features



none this week!


Books Completed






Dragonhaven, by Robin McKinley
The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale
Sandry's Book, by Tamora Pierce





Alanna: The First Adventure, by Tamora Pierce
Savvy, by Ingrid Law
The Lost Saint, by Bree Despain

I really liked all of the books I finished this week. Dragonhaven was great, but I can see how it might not be for all readers. The Goose Girl was lovely as always, and in some ways even better than I'd remembered. Both Sandry's book and Alanna were great - they both lived up to my memories of them - and I will certainly be back for more. Savvy was fun and light, but not necessarily memorable as a whole (although the characters were great, and I will definitely read the sequel, Scumble). The Lost Saint is good so far, but I'm not actually done with it yet (this is a pre-scheduled post). [EDIT: The Lost Saint at times was frustrating to read, as I just wanted Grace to get it, but overall it was very well done and left me wanting more.] I expect to finish it by Sunday night or Monday morning. Reviews to come for Dragonhaven, Savvy, and either Sandry's book or Alanna for sure. I'll review The Goose Girl and The Lost Saint if I can, but I'm not sure if I'll get to them. I'm crossing my fingers. 


Currently Reading





Tales from Grimm and Andersen, by The Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen
Brightly Woven, by Alexandra Bracken
The Clockwork Three, by Matthew J. Kirby

Again, as this is pre-scheduled, I don't know what I think of these books yet, but The Clockwork Three is for FOOF, and Brightly Woven came highly recommended. I expect to enjoy both of these. Tales from Grimm and Andersen is getting a lot more interesting - I'm moving into the more familiar tales now. By chance, I read The Goose Girl in Tales from Grimm and Andersen minutes after finishing The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, so that was fun. This is not going to be done any time soon, but I'm getting though it. 


General Updates

Very busily readathon-ing (and homework-ing) right now. As I predicted, I didn't have all that much time to read this weekend, so although I got through a bunch of books, it's nowhere as near as many as I would have if I'd had the entire weekend to just read. The readathon ends tonight (Monday night) at midnight, so I'll do a wrapup post then, and start blogging again.

Also, this week, I put in a review index! So far it's only got hyperlinks up to F, but I will finish putting the links in by the end of this week.

This week, I want to publish at least 2 reviews (not sure I can promise even that many - I can see already that I'm going to be pretty busy), finish the review index, and maybe do a Judge a Book or an Upcoming Releases. We'll see.



What's going on this week for you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...