Sunday, October 9, 2011

In My Mailbox, 14th Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Participants are encouraged to talk about anything bookish they received during the week.

The Son of Neptune, by Rick Riordan
Received: from Pre-Order
I didn't love The Lost Hero, but I'm excited for The Son of Neptune nevertheless. As much as I might criticize them, I do enjoy Rick Riordan's books. Besides, this one has Percy in it, which is going to be fun. You can read more of my pre-read thoughts and guesses about what's going to happen in this October Releases post. I'll have to check back once I'm done and see if any of my guesses were correct.


From the Library:




In the Hand of the Goddess, The Woman Who Rides Like a Man, and Lioness Rampant (Song of the Lioness Series 2-4), by Tamora Pierce

Tris's Book, Daja's Book, and Briar's Book (Circle of Magic Series 2-4), by Tamora Pierce


I loved both of these series in middle school, and I decided to try them out again. Last week I read the first book in each series, and they both lived up to my memories. So this week I checked out the other books in each quartet. I'm plowing through them pretty steadily, as they are relatively short (about 250 pages of a small paperback) and I'm really liking them so far.

What's in your mailbox?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...