Sunday, October 16, 2011

In My Mailbox, 15th Edition


In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Participants are encouraged to talk about anything bookish they received during the week.


The Death Cure, by James Dashner
Received: from Pre-Order
So, so, so excited for The Death Cure. It's going to be amazing. I'm currently rereading The Scorch Trials (just finished The Maze Runner) so that I have them fresh in my mind for The Death Cure.
Tris and Izzie, by Mette Ivie Harrison
Received: from Pre-Order
I really liked Harrison's Princess and the Hound books, and I always love fairy tale retellings, so I was very excited for this, but I've read a few negative reviews, so now I'm not quite as eager to read it right away, but I still have my hopes.


From the library:
Birthmarked, by Caragh M. O'Brien
I've heard really good things about this one. It looks like another original and well-written dystopian.


Cloaked, by Alex Flinn
A Kiss in Time, by Alex Flinn

I've been trying to get my hands on Alex Flinn books for a while, but there always seems to be that 1 book that takes precedence when I'm buying on a budget. Now I'm determined to get though at least one of them. I really liked Beastly (and no, I have not seen the movie), and I've read positive reviews for both of these, so I'm looking forward to them both.

Dogsbody, by Diana Wynne Jones
Diana Wynne Jones. Need I say more?

Mortal Engines, by Philip Reeve
I read this series in middle school and really liked it, but now I find I can barely remember it. As that was pretty much my experience with Here Lies Arthur, and I loved it upon rereading it, I figured Mortal Engines will be fantastic as well.

Plain Kate, by Erin Bow
I have been trying to get a copy of this book for months. It sounds like exactly my type of book. I am definitely picking this up, and I'm sure I'm going to love it.

The Bridge to Neverland, by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Of all the books I got this week, this is the one I might not end up reading. I liked the original three books of Barry and Pearson's Starcatcher series, but thought the fourth was not even close to as good, and their book Science Fair was just ridiculous. I got it mainly because I might decide to give it a chance, and/or might pass it on to my brother, who also liked the Starcatcher books.

What's in your mailbox?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...