Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen

by Julie Kagawa
Start Date: 7 September 2011
End Date: 9 September 2011
Paperback, 358 pages
Published January 25th 2011 by Harlequin Teen

Summary(from Goodreads):
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

The Iron Queen is the third book of The Iron Fey series. 
Click here for my review of book No. 1.5, Winter's Passage.
Click here for my review of book No. 2, The Iron Daughter
Click here for my review of book No. 3.5, Summer's Crossing.

My Review:
I haven't had much trouble with hype before, but this book was one of the first that I'd hyped up so much for myself that it would have to be amazing to live up to my expectations. And it was good. But it wasn't amazing.

I must say, though, The Iron Fey series keeps getting better and better. Kagawa manages to keep the story moving throughout the entire book, and keeps tensions high between Ash and Puck. And the story was engaging and original, so I never felt bored, or that I knew what would happen.

But my favorite part of The Iron Queen: Meghan finally gets some sense knocked into her. She is no longer the irrational and unpredictable Meghan of the previous two books, but she's gotten to a point where her decisions are well thought out  and make sense. And she can finally begin to take care of herself in The Iron Queen. When she started to learn how to defend herself and better use her power, I thought, Thank goodness! Two books is long enough to have Meghan throwing herself into impossible situations and waiting for Puck or Ash to save her.

Overall Thoughts: Although The Iron Queen wasn't as life-changing-amazing as I had thought, it was lots of fun, and a definite step up from the previous books. I am definitely looking forward to The Iron Knight. If the trend I'm seeing continues, it will be fantastic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...