Sunday, October 30, 2011

In My Mailbox, 16th Edition


In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Participants are encouraged to talk about anything bookish they received during the week.


The Coming of the Dragon, by Rebecca Barnhouse
Received: Gift (Thank you, M!)
The Coming of The Dragon is a retelling/spin off (not sure which) of Beowulf, which I read last summer, told from the perspective of Rune, a supporting character in the original. I haven't heard much about it, but I have the sequel, The Peaceweaver, on my TBR. I'm pretty sure The Coming of the Dragon is MG, but if it's not, I'll find out soon. I'm really looking forward to picking this up. It sounds great.

Seventeenth Summer, by Maureen Daly
Received: Gift (Thank you, M!)
I have no idea what this is about, but according to my very good friend, it's fantastic. And it seems out of my normal genre, so I'm happy to try something new.

The Book of the Maidservant, by Rebecca Barnhouse
Received: Gift (Thank you, M!)



Tuesdays at the Castle, by Jessica Day George
Received: Pre-ordered
Jessica Day George! I love JDG books, and I have high hopes for this one. I've read a few very positive reviews as well, so I'm very excited.

Between the Sea and Sky, by Jaclyn Dolamore
Received: Pre-ordered
I really liked Jaclyn Dolamore's debut, Magic Under Glass, and happily, her second book, Between the Sea and Sky, was just released. The premise to this one sounds great - a mermaid falls in love with a boy with wings (although it's much more complex than that) - and it looks short and sweet.


Forest Born (Special Edition), by Shannon Hale
Received: Pre-ordered
Yay! I read Forest Born in March of 2010, and I think it's time for a reread. I'm so glad the publisher came out with this beautiful edition.


What's in your Mailbox?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...