Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 30th Edition

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.

"Cole says nothing, and I realize how quiet he's been since the sisters told their story. I turn in his arms, and his gray eyes are strangely dead, looking in instead of out." - The Near Witch, by Victoria Schwab

"It took all the effort I had to pull my arm out from beneath the thick duvet, and as soon as I did, I wish I hadn't. While it didn't hurt, my arm was clearly not well." - Zombies Vs. Unicorns, by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier

"Myriddin kept thinking of reasons why we should turn off the road and call in a scruffy settlements where he could exchange his songs and stories for a meal and place to sleep and a few cups of watered wine. I think he was afraid of learning what Arthur had been up to in his absence." - Here Lies Arthur, by Philip Reeve

"'Look at this!' he shouted... 'What has that one-woman force of chaos done to these spells?'" - Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones

"'What you be doing?' Grimbold demanded.
     And my guard, compelled to do my bidding,  answered, 'Grimbold's orders.'" - Heir Apparent, by Vivan Vande Velde

"I pulled the ring from my pocket and held it up, where it glimmered in the musty darkness like a firefly. The oracle's smile grew wider." - The Iron Queen, by Julie Kagawa

"I turned with an inquiring look. Pick stood with upraised hand, ice smoking from his palm, and anguish in his eyes." - Corsets and Clockwork, edited by Trisha Telep; excerpt from "Wild Magic" by Ann Aguire

"'Last night I dreamed I was playing water polo with the mermaids,' he said. 'This was on my pillow when I woke.'" - Peter Pan in Scarlet, by Geraldine McCaughrean



What are you reading this week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...