Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekly Review (19 September - 25 September)

In Weekly Reviews, I summarize the posts I've published over the week, as well as the books I'm currently reading, books I've finished over the week, some upcoming reviews, and any comments I'd like to include about the past week. The weekly review feature was inspired by Small Review and Butterfly Feet Walking on Life.

In case you've missed anything, here's what I posted from Monday, September 19th through Sunday, September 25th.

Reviews



Goliath

Memes

Teaser Tuesday, 31st Edition
In My Mailbox, 12th Edition


Features

Guest Judge a Book by Its Cover - The Goose Girl (with Ray)


Books Completed


Goliath, by Scott Westerfeld
Corsets and Clockwork, edited by Trisha Telep



Peter Pan in Scarlet, by Geraldine McCaughrean
Matched, by Ally Condie

I loved Goliath (read my review here), and really, really liked everything else I finished as well. Corsets and Clockwork was exactly my style, Peter Pan in Scarlet (a FOOF book) was light and enjoyable, and Matched (another FOOF book) had the most incredibly lyrical writing. I'd like to write reviews of all of them, but my review pile seems to be stacking up very quickly, so I'll promise two reviews from this week's book (not counting the Goliath review, which I already published). Comment if you would like any specific two, or else I'll just write whatever comes easiest.


Currently Reading


Tales from Grimm and Andersen, by The Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen
Dragonhaven, by Robin McKinley

I'm taking the Tales from Grimm and Andersen very slowly; I don't feel a lot of pressure to read it, so I get through maybe 5 or 6 pages a night, which at this point is about 2-3 stories (I don't know if the stories get longer as the book goes on). On the other hand, I'm really enjoying Dragonhaven. It's totally different from the other McKinley book I've read, Beauty. I think I connected more with Beauty, but I'm having trouble putting Dragonhaven down as well. 


General Updates

I didn't write as many reviews this week as I would have liked, but I got a ton of reading done, which makes up for it. I've been scrambling a bit to get everything done in terms of schoolwork and whatnot, so when I'm done, I don't tend to have a lot of extra brainpower for blogging, which is why I read instead.

My goal for this week is two reviews (hopefully three, but I don't think that's going to happen), a feature that I won't talk about right now, and one miscellaneous post [Edit: I realized I'd already done it this morning with the Liesl and Po trailer].

P.S. I've been told that there's some glitch that makes the posts I publish to this blog not show up in Google Reader or Blogger Dashboard until up to a day later. I'm not sure how to fix this, but if you have any idea what's going on, please let me know. Thank you!

What's going on this week for you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...