Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekly Review (12 September - 18 September)

In Weekly Reviews, I summarize the posts I've published over the week, as well as the books I'm currently reading, books I've finished over the week, some upcoming reviews, and any comments I'd like to include about the past week. The weekly review feature was inspired by Small Review and Butterfly Feet Walking on Life.

In case you've missed anything, here's what I posted from Monday, September 12th through Sunday, September 18th.

Reviews

Memes


Features

Guest Post on Squeaky Books
Giveaway for Across the Universe

Books Completed




Nothing this week. This is very, very unusual for me, as I usually finish at least three books a week and often more, but I am almost finished with both Peter Pan in Scarlet and Corsets & Clockwork.


Currently Reading

 


Corsets and Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances, edited by Trisha Telep
Peter Pan in Scarlet, by Geraldine McCaughrean
Tales of Grimm and Andersen, by The Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen

I really like Corsets and Clockwork so far; I've been reading one short story a night, and I'm a little bit more than 2/3 through. I'm reading Peter Pan in Scarlet for FOOF, and I'm definitely enjoying it. It's a light, fun read - exactly what I wanted. I think I'll finish it tonight or tomorrow night. Tales of Grimm and Andersen isn't quite what I expected; I've only read a few stories so far, all from the Brothers Grimm, and it feels almost like something I'd read for school. Most of the stories are only about 3 pages long, and very simple. I like figuring out what each is trying to say. I haven't come across any stories I know yet. I'm looking forward to some of the stories I'm more familiar with. 



General Updates

Hello to all of my new followers! Welcome to Pica Reads! Thank you so much for following. (And hi to old followers too. You're awesome. :D)

This week I didn't get as much reading done as I would have liked, but I posted two reviews that I really wanted to publish. The review for Heir Apparent is coming - I want to fix it up a little more, but it should be published on Tuesday or Wednesday. This week, in addition to Heir Apparent, I'm planning on publishing one or two more reviews. I also have a guest Judge a Book by its Cover planned for either this week or next week. Also, this Wednesday, the winner will be chosen for the Across the Universe Giveaway. Check back then to see the winner!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...