Friday, September 2, 2011

November Releases

So many great books are coming out soon, I had to talk about a few of them. I couldn't possibly talk about all of them, so I decided to do it month by month. These are some of the November releases that are at the top of my to-read list, in chronological order. Let me know if I'm missing anything good.

1 November 2011
Crossed, by Ally Condie

Summary (from Goodreads):
In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

My Thoughts:
I am so excited for this release. I was excited for this release when I finished Matched back in April, and now I'm more than ready. I love Matched so much. I'm even rereading it as part of FOOF. I probably should have waited until October so that it'd be fresh in my mind when I read Crossed, but I'm going to be full up with books in October.

As for the cover, I really like most of it. I love the general design and the blue theme. I think the model is very pretty and I like that she's wearing the plainclothes of the Society. I like how it matches the cover of Matched, and the the R is backwards. But I agree with the general opinion that I've been reading, which is that the model's position is a little... off, somehow, and I think some of the shards of glass could have ben placed a little bit better.  Nonetheless, I cannot wait to read this!

8 November 2011
Little Women and Me, by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

Summary (from Goodreads):
Emily is sick and tired of being a middle sister. So when she gets an assignment to describe what she'd change about a classic novel, Emily pounces on Little Women. After all, if she can't change things in her own family, maybe she can bring a little justice to the March sisters. (Kill off Beth? Have cute Laurie wind up with Amy instead of Jo? What was Louisa May Alcott thinking?!) But when Emily gets mysteriously transported into the world of the book, she discovers that righting fictional wrongs won't be easy. And after being immersed in a time and place so different from her own, it may be Emily-not the four March sisters-who undergoes the most surprising change of all. Lauren Baratz-Logsted's winning confection will appeal to fans of Little Women as well as anyone who enjoys a modern twist on an old favorite.

My Thoughts:
Small Review, one of my favorite blogs, reviewed Little Women and Me a few weeks ago, and it sounds like the kind of book I'd love. I always love retellings, and this particular one seems like a lot of fun. I'm not sure I'm going to love it enough to pre-order it, but I'd like to read it once it comes out.

8 November 2011
Inheritance, by Christopher Paolini

Summary (from Goodreads):
Not so very long ago, Eragon Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider, was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

My Thoughts:
I really like the Inheritance cycle (also known as the Eragon books), so naturally I'm looking forward to the conclusion. I'm not sure I remember enough of Brisingr (the previous book) to read Inheritance right away, but don't really want to reread all of the previous books, ranging from 500 - 800 pages each. I'm hoping there's a summary in the beginning of Inheritance that sums up the parts I'll need to know. I remember all of the big plot points, it's just the smaller ones I'm less certain about, but I'm most likely going to dive straight into Inheritance anyway.



Are there any November Releases you're excited about?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...