Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 23rd Edition

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.

"What was perhaps more surprising was the way Mosca's spirits surged to the defense of the rebel city, despite the fact that it had brought her nothing but trouble. It was too late to stop her getting ideas." - Fly Trap, by Frances Hardinge

"It would have been better if Jurgis had been really ill; if her had not been able to think. for he had no resources such as most invalids have; All he could do was lie there and toss about from side to side." - The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair

"I could smell the clean scent of damp earth tinged with the distant aroma of wood smoke. It was my first trip outside in almost a year, and before we went past the gate in the immense, stone buttress that surrounded the castle complex, I peered back." - Poison Study, by Maria V. Snyder

"She chooses to fight because the world is imperfect, because it never measures up to her exact standards - and because the deck is stacked against her from start to finish. The fight nearly destroys her, but it's also what saves her." - Mind Rain, by Scott Westerfeld

"The last time I had seen Dillion, he had attacked Ryko and me and wrenched the black folio from my keeping... The poor fool did not realize it held more than the secret of the String of Pearls - it held the way for royal blood to enslave us and our dragon power." - Eona, by Alison Goodman (Highlight to view - there are no spoilers for Eona, but it is a large spoiler for Eon, the prequel.)



What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

Small Review said...

Poison Study!! I loved Poison Study. I hope you're enjoying it :)

Pica said...

I really liked Poison Study as well. I'm currently in the middle of a writing a review for it, which should go up in the next couple of days.

Small Review said...

Looking forward to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...