Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 22nd Edition

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.

"'Why did you get me drunk?' I asked. 'I'm no rival of yours.'" - Crown Duel, by Sherwood Smith

"'This is absurd. I refuse to believe you have even the faintest idea what an "ethically pusillanimous compromise" is, let alone how one would...' Clent's voice trailed away as his eyes fixed on something beyond Mosca's shoulder." - Fly By Night, by Francis Hardinge

"The cart was little more than a family of creaks on wheels, bound together with rope. The driver, a tiny, tanned imp of a man, was champing of a piece of bread, leaving the reins slack and trusting his ponderous-looking bay to follow her own head." - Fly By Night, by Francis Hardinge (I had to do two teasers; I couldn't help myself. Both quotes are so good, and together they give a good sense of the writing style.)


What are you reading this week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...