Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 21st Edition

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.


***

"FREE ME.
I don't know why I felt like someone had grabbed my heart and shook it. I looked at him, into the glass eyes framed with dainty false lashes. The eyes looked back. The trapped thing inside them pleaded. I could almost read his thoughts. You're the only chance I have." - Magic Under Glass, by Jaclyn Dolamore (Everything after the allowed two sentences is hidden. Highlight to view. I wish I could put the whole scene in; it's one of my favorites.)

"When I woke up early the next morning, at first I didn't know where I was. The heat of the sun from my dream still lingered on my skin, and I opened my eyes, half expecting to see my mother standing over me, but it was only the canopy of my bed." - The Goddess Test, by Aimée Carter

"She tried to shrug it off. Tried to tell herself that what she did was important, vital, altruistic even - after food and love, what was more important than shelter? - but the cloud wouldn't lift and she felt numb from the balls of her feet to the crown of her head." - the Tortilla Curtain, by T.C. Boyle (Read for summer school)

"Lowering her voice as she knelt by the bed-shelf, she said, 'Feel like talking?'
     She sounded so conspiratorial that I felt the urge to smile, though I don't think the impulse made it it all the way to my face." -Crown Duel, by Sherwood Smith

"'It is a truth universally acknowledged,' Mustardseed said, flying in lazy loops like an intoxicated bumblebee, 'that a fairy in possession of a good appetite must be in want of pie.'
     'Yes indeed,' Cobweb said over the rattle of the caravan, 'though I awoke one morning from easy dreams, I found myself transformed in my bed into a giant pie." - Perchance to Dream, by Lisa Mantchev (First lines of such a funny opening scene!)

What have you read this week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...