Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 27th Edition

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.

"School wasn't much changed from the year before. I still had difficulty with my spells - the fire-lighting spell went off like a Fourth of July sparkler without actually starting a fire, the spell for lightening loads sort of stuttered, so that the weight went from light to heavy and back, over and over, and the far-seeing spell didn't work at all." - Thirteenth Child, by Patricia C. Wrede

"Something snarled. I looked up, and the tan streak resolved itself into a saber cat." -Across the Great Barrier, by Patricia C. Wrede

"The sleet blew sideways and tiny daggers of ice stung my face as I hurried through the storm. Irys was waiting for me in the receiving room just past the oversize tower entrance." - Fire Study, by Maria V. Snyder


What are you reading this week?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...