Saturday, August 27, 2011

In My Mailbox, 9th Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Participants are encouraged to talk about anything bookish they received during the week.

Amulet Book Four: The Last Council, by Kazu Kibuishi
I actually didn't break my book-buying ban with this one. I had pre-ordered it months ago, back in April, when it first was available for pre-order. You can read my initial ordering thoughts as well as get some information about the the book here. I gave my copies of books two and three away to a friend who I knew would love them, so I'm debating whether I should pick up book four right away or wait until I can get my hands on the previous books. In any case, I'm probably going to make myself wait until I've finished FOOF, since that is going a lot slower than I thought it would. Also, because of how slowly FOOF is going, and because I still have a ton of books on my to-read shelf that I got right before I started FOOF, I'm probably going to extend the ban. Maybe just to the end of September. I hate not being able to get wonderful new shiny books, but I have a lot to read already, so I want to see how far I can last until I run out. When I've finished all of the FOOF books and most of them on my to-read shelf, I will start buying books again. Or at least, that's the plan.

What's in your mailbox?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...