Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 25th Edition

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.

"'Man, if I were in charge of some massive, covert international organization, I'd choose a better title than Supervisor.'
     I laughed. 'No kidding.'" -Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White

"I'd only been in to the Realms a couple of times, both when Reth forced me, and it was so strange and alien, I couldn't imagine growing up there. How Jack could navigate both worlds, even survive in the Faerie Realms, was beyond me." -Supernaturally, by Kiersten White

"I always thought that was silly - those things were just make-believe anyway.
     At least that's what I'd believed."  The Dark Divine, by Bree Despain

"In the first place as to the house they had bought, it was not new at all as they had supposed; it was about fifteen years old, and there was nothing new upon it but the paint, which was so bad that it needed to be put on new every year or so. The house was one of a whole row that was built by a company which existed to make money by swindling poor people." -The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair

"Talk ceased the minute we entered. All eyes focused on me." -Magic Study, by Maria V. Snyder

"Of course those places went very cheap - islands didn't suit everybody. They thought the idea was romantic but when they came to live there they realized the disadvantages and were only too glad to sell." -And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie



What are you reading this week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...