Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 4th Edition

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.

***

"Either way, the name fit the confessional poet, who exemplified the mad artist-- someone like van Gogh or Poe, whose genius stems from parts of the psyche most of us cannot access, much less harness for artistic purposes. Unfortunately, Lowell couldn't rein in his madness outside the margins of his poems, and his lunacy bled all over his real life." - The Disappearing Spoon, by Sam Kean

"'Are you all right?' she asked suddenly, swinging outward from a post. Her braid had come undone, and her hair hung loose." - Heroes of the Valley, by Jonathan Stroud.

"There was nohing esle to do. I covered my face with my sleeves and crept out from behind the rock." - Little Sister, by Kara Dalkey

“She turned to face the ocean of weeds again. ‘I bet Shay wishes she’d never told me about the Smoke.’” – Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld

"He forced a smile. 'It's just taking me longer to get used to having a brain again.'" - Pretties, by Scott Westerfeld

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...