Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 17th Edition

I'm sure at this point it won't surprise anyone that Teaser Tuesday is late yet again. I might as well just give up and call it Teaser Wednesday. This week I actually do have an excuse though. My computer is getting fixed (again) because last time it got fixed, they put in a logic board with some problem or other and I had to take it in again. Anyway, now I'm sharing a computer with my mom (thanks, mom - love you :D) and I haven't brought the Teaser Tuesday books out of my room, where I work when I'm on my own computer. (By the way, those of you who also read my other blog, The Bookbird and the Wordgirl, it also means that I don't have my writing on this computer. So you'll have to be a bit more patient for Chapter Two.) Anyway, here is this week's somewhat belated but very fun Teaser Tuesday. I've been reading some really good books this week.

***

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.


***
"She wanted to set the knobs to FitzFaeren and go slither into the cupboard downstairs to watch the dancers. She wanted to look for her grandfather." - Dandelion Fire, by N.D. Wilson

"His face was as bleak and yellowish and wrinkled as the moors. 'Listen, Christopher,' he said, ' those folk at Chrestomanci Castle are not going to be pleased to find you've been here doing this.'" - The Lives of Christopher Chant, by Diana Wynne Jones

"'What you need to know may be very different from what you want to know. Didn't your unfortunate accident teach you that?'" - The Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan

"Whatever the reason, the argument raged. Anxious Antonio talked of going to England and cosulting someone named Chrestomanci about it." - The Magicans of Caprona, by Diana Wynne Jones

"'They ruined you for a normal life, but that's not your fault. There was nothing you could do about it.'" - The False Princess, by Eilis O'Neal


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...