Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, 15th Edition

Teaser Tuesday is a bit late this week, sorry! I've been really busy and I totally forgot to write a post yesterday. But it's up now, so it's all good.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am doing a slightly different version of Teaser Tuesday. Since I go through books so quickly, I'm going to put a quote from any book I've read in the past week.


***

"What about the mechanical fan sound? he thought. He told himself that maybe the little squirrel had accidentally eaten his dad's electric shaver, but then realized he was probably one step away from the mental hospital talking to himself like this, and telling jokes at that." - The Journal of Curious Letters, by James Dashner

"With a final embrace, Tana left her mother at the neighbors' house and strode down the street. At any moment, she imagined fingers would point and voices shout 'Impostor!'" - Toads and Diamonds, by Heather Tomlinson

"I made my way around the row of kneeling candidates, all of them with their eyes closed, praying to serve the Rat Dragon. I would pray for something different: a chance to escape." - Eon, by Alison Goodman

"Seven commanders at seven gates, / Like matched against like, / They set up their trophies of bronze / to Zeus who turns battles. / Except the two filled with hate, / Born of one father, one mother: / They raised their double-slaying spears / Against each other, / And both took their share of one death." - Antigone, by Sophocles (I probably won't post any more teaser quotes from this - I'm reading it for Greek, and I generally forget or don't bother to post about books I'm reading for school.)

"[He] flicked the envelope out onto the wind. He watched it spin as it dropped to the swaying tall grass beside the barn." - Dandelion Fire, by N.D. Wilson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...