Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hurray for Book Swaps!

My school library just recently organized a Middle School book swap. Even though I’m not in MS, I got permission from the librarians to come after school and pick out books that people hadn’t chosen. Let me say this – it was awesome. There were tables full of books not chosen, and SO MANY great books that I wanted to pick. They were mostly MS-level (obviously) but there were some great books (e.g. The Giver, by Lois Lowry, A bunch of Avi books, some Nancy Farmer, a giant volume of Agatha Christie…. I could go on and on). I ended up picking out about ten that I’m very excited to read, but they’ll have to wait until after the giant stack has been reduced quite a bit. Since I took a break to read the Sea of Trolls trilogy (which I’ll hopefully be finishing tonight or tomorrow), I still have 10 of my 14 from a few posts ago patiently waiting to be read. And one more that I borrowed from my friend. And two more that I checked out of the library. It’s so nice to have books waiting to be read.

Thank you, very nice librarians!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...