Friday, October 15, 2010

The Book Swap, Part II


I thought I should post a picture of the great books I got at the Book Swap.

Bright Shadow, by Avi
I have no idea what it's about, but Avi is reliably good.

Science Fair, by Dave Barry and Ridely Pearson
I was so excited when I saw this book because Barry and Pearson also co-wrote the Peter and the Starcatchers series, which I loved. Science Fair seems like it will have a bit of a weaker plot, but these guys are great writers, and it's sure to be very funny.

Morning Girl, by Michael Dorris
Definitely below my reading level, but I remember really loving it, so I thought, why not?

A Girl Named Disaster, by Nancy Farmer
I love Nancy Farmer. She writes so well on such a variety of subjects. Also, A Girl Named Disaster is a Newbery Honor Book, so it must be good.

Tracker, by Gary Paulsen
I've never read any Gary Paulsen, but Hatchet has been on my shelf for as long as I can remember. I intend to start reading his books ASAP.

Fablehaven (Books 1-3), by Brandon Mull

Agatha Christie: Five Complete Novels, by Agatha Christie
Never read any Agatha Christie before, but a friend who gives me great book recommendations told me to try it out.

So anyway, those are the books I got at the wonderful MS Book Swap. Thank you again, great librarians. It was fantastic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...