Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Quick Update

Hello, readers.
I just wanted to let you all know why I haven't been posting on Pica Reads nearly as much as I would have liked recently. In September and even October, I had time to write posts for at least an hour a night. In November, my workload increased significantly, and I now have time for about a half an hour a night to write, which is usually spent on other activities, such as sleeping and that "one more chapter" of whatever book I'm reading. I wish I could share with you all the wonderful books I'm reading, but I just don't have the time to review them all. So for now, I've suspended Weekly Review and IMM posts, and I've been focusing on reviews as well as a new feature I hope to start posting soon. I have a few reviews lined up that I'd like to tweak just a little more before posting, so you'll be seeing those soon.

Happily, though, Winter Break is just around the corner, and I'll be able to jump right back in.

If I don't get to post reviews of some of my new favorites in the coming weeks, here's a list of recent reads that I loved:
  • Breadcrumbs, by Anne Ursu
  • Wonderstruck, by Brian Selznick
  • Icefall, by Matthew J. Kirby (I did review this one, see my review of Icefall!)
  • Chime, by Franny Billingsley (AMAZING!)
I also checked out a ridiculous number of books out the the library, and I'm really looking forward to them. They look fantastic!

Until later,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...