Friday, December 30, 2011

The Oh-My-Word... Readathon!

The readathon has officially begun! Somehow, life tends to get in the way of reading on the specific dates that readathons are scheduled for, but I'll at least keep a book on hand throughout the next two days.

I will probably not be updating my progress much, but I will have a final tally up on January 1st.

What I want to finish:
I have several books that I have gotten about halfway through and that I'd like to finish in the next day or so, or at least make significant progress on:

  • Inheritance, by Christopher Paolini
  • The Coming of the Dragon, by Rebecca Barnhouse
  • Tales of Grimm and Andersen, by The Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen
I don't have many goals beyond that, as I can tell those three will be quite a bit of reading on their own, but I have a ton of books stacked up by my bed (my regular TBR shelf  and  the temporarily commandeered "helper shelf" are both full and have additional books stacked on top of them) that I would love to begin, including but not limited to:
  • Shatter Me, by Tareh Mafi
  • The Princess Curse, by Merrie Haskell
  • Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes, by Jonathan Auxier
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor
  • Liesl and Po, by Lauren Oliver
  • Well Witched, by Frances Hardinge
  • Spindle's End, by Robin McKinley
  • Wither, by Lauren DeStephano
  • Birthmarked, by Caragh O'Brien
And as if those and several large handfuls more were not enough (because you can never have too much with books), I have a few by my bed that I've been itching to reread for a while now:
  • Enna Burning, by Shannon Hale
  • River Secrets, by Shannon Hale
  • Forest Born, by Shannon Hale
  • Dragon Flight, by Jessica Day George
  • Dragon Spear, by Jessica Day George
  • East, by Edith Pattou
I have no intention of getting through these lists, but they're much of my selection. And the books that I don't get to now will be the one's I'll be reading in the next few weeks, or more likely, months.

Are you participating in the Oh-My-Word... Readathon? Have you read any of the books above? What should I read first? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

Deborah Julene said...

I envy your lists! I want to own all the books on your second list, and I adore all the books on your third list! Have fun and good luck!

Enna Isilee said...

Read SMOKE & BONE!!! It's amazing!

Pica said...

Debz - Thanks! I'm so excited to read all of the books on my lists, and all of those I didn't put in. I'l definitely let you know what I think of them.

Enna Isilee - Smoke and Bone is now at the top of the stack. I'll pick it up ASAP. Thanks for the recommendation- I know how much you like this book.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh...I've been waitin to read Liesl and Po for some time. Daughter of Moke and Bone should be first.
And you should read Shatter Me too, it's got a lot of strikethroughs so it's kind of...refreshingly new.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...