Sunday, August 29, 2010

Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris

R.L. LaFevers
Start Date: 23 August 2010
End Date: 23 August 2010

As the 2nd book in the Theodosia Throckmorton series, this book was a little easier to get comfortable with than The Serpents of Chaos. I knew the characters, I recognized the writing style, and I was enlivened by the thought of adventure in the pages ahead. Although slightly less original than the first in Theodosia's solution to the problems arising in the museum, the problems themselves are very fun to read about and only slightly ridiculous. Theodosia's commentary is enough to make you smile every few pages, and several twists make the story all the better. I wanted to read the third right away, but decided to wait for the paperback to come out in April. Hopefully by then there'll be a fourth!

[EDIT: I forgot to mention, there IS some Egyptian Mythology incorporated into both books, as the title suggests, but not much more than the basics. I wouldn't recommend it solely for this quality.]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...